Friday, March 12, 2010

I got in!

For those of you who don't know, I applied to Aiken Technical College, which is in South Carolina about 30 minutes away from Augusta where we'll be moving. They have a radiology technician program, and I just recently decided at the beginning of this year that that's what I want to be when I "grow up". The application process was tedious and completely unorganized. I didn't even get an acceptance letter; I had to call and check the status of my application this morning, because I hadn't heard anything from them for almost a month. Good news! I got in! If I hadn't gotten in I would have been completely shocked though. I'll be attending their school with a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year university, and most of their applicants are right out of high school. In fact, I had to send them my high school transcript, which I thought was pretty ridiculous seeing as how I had already sent them my college transcript. But, no matter, I got in and that's all that counts.


Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of night classes available, so it might get a little sticky with work, but I'm sure everything will work out!I can't actually apply to the radiology technician program until next fall, because I don't have TWO of their pre-reqs done. They require you to have all the pre-reqs done before the application deadline, which is June 1st. If only I had known I wanted to do this a few months sooner!! Oh well. So, for the next year I'll just be taking a few classes and bidding my time until I can apply to the program. Here I come Aiken Tech!

No comments:

Post a Comment