Friday, June 25, 2010

puppy on the way and Daddy's Birthday

 I mentioned in my last post that Brad told me if I got a job here in Atlanta he would get me a puppy. What more motivation does a girl need? Well, I'll be posting pictures of a new puppy soon because ...

I GOT A JOB!!

Stay tuned for cute puppy news.

Also, today is my daddy's birthday. He's 39 (at least that what he tells everyone). It's funny, because I remember when he used to tell everyone he was 29. Then all of a sudden he jumped 10 years in age. I guess 29 just wasn't all that believable anymore.

Happy Birthday

to the first love of my life!

On a side note, I made a super cute curtain for our bathroom doorway. There was no door or partition of any kind between the bedroom and the bathroom, so when the bathroom light came on it lit up the bedroom as well. I decided to fix that problem. My sweet mother-in-law Susie and one of her good friends took me fabric shopping all day last Saturday, and I finally found something that I liked that went well with the colors in our room. Check it out: 
I think it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. The only problem is that there's no air vent in that bathroom/closet area at all, so it tends to get pretty hot. During the day we tie this curtain back with a ribbon like so:
Here's a close-up of what the fabric looks like:

love, Brad & Courtney


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for job, puppy and curtains! Sounds like you are doing well - love the fabric and hope you both love the jobs! Brisket recipe on the way - things have been so busy I hardly have time to breath - but I didn't forget!

    ReplyDelete