Saturday, May 18, 2013

March 20

March 20, 2013

The middle of the week hump needed a little pick-me-up. Lots of the patients suggested we head downtown and check out the great little candy shop there. Lindsey and I both LOVE candy, like serious obsession. Her's might even be worse than mine, and I didn't think it was possible for someone to have a bigger candy sweet tooth than me. But she may just take the cake.
This was a really great candy shop. I'm so glad we went! They had all sorts of old-timey candy, like candy buttons, taffy, and smartie pops (my favorite).
 The lady who ran the shop was just the sweetest! I told Brad about her, and he said, "Oh course, she's sweet. She runs a candy shop!"
There was a huge random purple gorilla just outside the shop. Couldn't pass up that photo op.
The downtown was so cute. There were tons of nice little shops, a big ship, and a great amphitheater area. There were also at least 10 or 12 of these swings. Perfect for sitting in and enjoying the ocean view.
Later on we stopped by a chocolate shop. While Lindsey was picking out something delicious for herself, I found this. It was ridiculously expensive or I would have bought it for Brad. So I took a picture instead.
This quick candy shop stop and walk around downtown totally got us through the rest of the week.

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment